You had big plans for your life and a baby wasn’t one of them. You may be freaking out, feeling scared, pressured, and confused. These feelings are common during any crisis, especially when it’s a life or death situation. Like any other decision, you will want to research your options, the risks, and how it may affect your life. Before you decide what to do, it’s important to know about the abortion procedures and risks, including potential side effects that can be both physical and emotional.
Before you seek an abortion, make an appointment at Crossroads Pregnancy Resource Center for vital information and services regarding your pregnancy. We offer an environment that is free from outside pressures where you can safely explore your options. All our services are confidential and respectful of you. We can provide a FREE pregnancy test, abortion Information, and information on the Kentucky Woman’s Right to Know Law. You can only make this decision once, so be sure to get the information you need first to make the one that is right for you.
Am I really pregnant?
It is possible to receive a false indication of pregnancy (an inaccurate reading of the test). Receive a free, reliable pregnancy test at Crossroads Pregnancy Resource Center. Get results immediately. If you’re not pregnant, no need to spend time, money, or energy considering an abortion.
Is my pregnancy even viable?
Receive a medical referral for an ultrasound to see if the pregnancy is viable.
How many weeks is my baby, and when am I due?
Only an ultrasound will determine exactly how far along you are and what your due date would be. Receive a medical referral to speak with a medical professional to determine the due date.
You have the right to know the following:
- Medical risks associated with abortion
- Abortion alternatives
- Accurate fetal development
- Abortion Procedures – There are different chemical and surgical procedures for abortion. These procedures are determined by how far along you are in your pregnancy
Abortion is a medical procedure and all medical procedures come with potential risk. Abortion can affect women on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level. It’s important to understand what the risks are before you make a decision. Crossroads Pregnancy Resource Center can provide information on these possible risks and side-effects in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
Be Legally Protected
Things to Consider
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you decide if abortion is the right choice for you:
- Have I researched all my options?
- Do I understand the potential risks involved with abortion?
- Have I discussed my situation with someone I can trust?
- Have I had an ultrasound to determine how far along I am?
- Do I fully understand the type of abortion procedure I would need?
- Does the abortion physician performing my procedure have admitting privileges to a local hospital?
Take the time you need to look into your options and talk to someone.